Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec Magnificient

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sail2hail's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I need help. I have a pair of rare Altec Magnificient that I want to sale but I don't know how much they worth. The cabinets still have the original grill with Altec logo and in pretty good condition. There are many scratches on both speakers and both of the speakers have water damage on top. One of speaker has all originial green components (Altec 511B horn, 802 compression driver, and N500-G crossover). The second speaker components has been replaced with black Altec 511B horn, 808 compression driver, and N501-8A crossover. I was going to refinish both cabinets but don't have time. Now, I want to sale them but don't know how much they are going for? What is a fair price for these pair?

    Thank you,
    John forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is primarily a site for fans to share info and not really to sell stuff or determine value. That being said,If they were in great shape with no scratches and matching components they would probably go for $2k to $2500 on ebay. With the condition described and not matching components probably $1400 to $1800 would be my best guess.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mirrophonic Sound System's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2003
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I have a nice pair (walnut finish)with black matched components from 1962 (click webpage icon for picture).
    I once saw a nice pair sell for $3000 on ebay (a couple of years ago).
    It's hard to say if prices have firmed or softened since then.

    I think Steve Burger's estimate is about right given your situation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.